« All Events
San Diego Symphony – Preconcert Dinner & Performance – February 9
February 9, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Please Join The Trusteeship for a Pre-Concert Dinner and Discussion followed by a Performance at the San Diego Symphony!
Friday, February 9, 2018
Beyond the Score: Isle of the Dead, Sameer Patel, Conductor
- The Prelude Dinner at the University Club is a 3-course dinner with wine. One of our newest members, Martha Gilmer, CEO of the San Diego Symphony, will speak with The Trusteeship as well as the symphony’s valued donors at a special dinner before the performance.
- The cost is $70.00 per person for just the dinner.
- Sergei Rachmaninoff’s most famous tone poem, based on a popular painting by symbolist Swiss artist Arnold Böcklin, is the subject of this season’s first multi-media Beyond the Score® exploration.
- Beyond the Score® is a program that Ms. Gilmer created in Chicago. It’s a format that can best be described as a live documentary with actors and musical examples followed by a complete performance of the work.
- $100 per ticket at our special Trusteeship pricing with Grand Tier seating.
Must book your seats and dinner by January 26th.