There is no limit to how many qualified women each of us may nominate. Nominees must meet all the following requirements:
I. ACHIEVEMENT, IMPACT, INFLUENCE, LEADERSHIP:
- Preeminent in their field, industry, profession, organization, company or firm.
- Have a broad, significant portfolio of responsibilities and decision making authority.
- Active in their profession with a record of success in their current role.
- Highly respected and recognized as an impactful and/or visionary leader.
- If a large organization, they are at the top. While this often translates to the CEO or President, at a very large organization it can also mean the COO or CFO or division head, as long as that equates to senior decision making authority.
- If a smaller organization, consider organizational size such as number of employees, scope, duration, impact in field or industry and external recognition. Measurements might include factors such as revenue, valuation, type and volume of clients, etc.
II. SPHERE OF INFLUENCE OUTSIDE THEIR OWN JOB, INDUSTRY OR PROFESSION:
- Significant influence, involvement, prestige outside their specific professional community, such as board service.
- Leadership roles in community organizations – locally, national, and/or globally.
- Respected and recognized as a thought leader in their involvements.
III. IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: DIVERSITY AND PROFESSIONAL DIVERSIFICATION:
- Achieving a diverse membership is a high priority – profession, industry, interests, race and ethnicity, cultural background, and of special focus, women age 50 and below, and women of color. Approximately, five years ago along with many other Forums, we instituted a goal of “50 under 50”. We seek to have 50% of new members under age 50.
- Additionally we ask for nominations in the lower represented sectors of:
- Finance and Investments (real estate, private equity, venture capital, investment banking)
- Health and Wellness
Please see the nomination instructions and form. If you have any questions about whether a nominee meets our criteria, I welcome your call or email before you submit your nomination, MiriamMuscarolas@gmail.com. Importantly, do not tell the nominee about your nomination as submission is no guarantee of Membership Committee approval. The Membership Committee conducts its confidential review of nominees with rigor and diligence and utmost respect for the membership criteria and process. The entire Committee votes anonymously. Next the slate is submitted for approval by the Board of Directors.
“Imagine an enriching experience and rare opportunity to meet, learn from, and share time with a college president, a top TV or movie producer, an artist, an author, a politician, a business or philanthropic leader, to name a few. That’s the magic of The Trusteeship. Friendships and support when life has dealt you a setback are added — precious gifts.”